The investigation was designed to explore, describe and explain the phenomenon of local economic development in the study area and to determine the influence of natural, social, tenure, historical and marketing issues on that development initiative. The study was initiated by the Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism and was co-ordinated and managed by the HSRC.
2. The Historical geography of the KAT river valley and the evolving land tenure situation
3. The Hertzog local economic development
4. Rural marketing and development of rural-urban-small town linkages
5. Resource management in the KAT river valley: Water
6. Resource management in the KAT river valley: Soil
7. General development trends in the Mpofu district
8. Conclusion, Recommendation and the outcomes of the projet